Sausages are food that people make primarily for breakfast, and the companies make them using ground meat, flavoring, and breadcrumbs. The manufacturers use different types of meats like beef, chicken, and pork to make sausages. This article will teach you how to cook sausage in the microwave.
The microwave oven in your kitchen will be very helpful as you can use it for different purposes. Are you searching for how to cook sausage in the microwave? Then read the article to learn the process.
When cooking sausages, you will not want them to get very dark, so before cooking in the microwave, you must educate yourself about how to cook sausage in the microwave.
Most people will try to make something for breakfast quickly and prefer shortcuts. Cooking sausages in the microwave will also make your work quick. You can cook the raw sausages in the microwave, but this will not be the same as cooking in a frying pan or oven.
Therefore, it would be best to know ways to cook sausage in the microwave before trying it out. If you don’t have any prior experience cooking sausage in the microwave and you are interested, then this article will show you how it works.
What do You need to Cook Sausage in the Microwave?
Before starting the cooking process, ensure you have the items below.
- Microwave oven
- A dish that is microwave safe
- Microwave safe lid or paper towel
How to Cook Sausage in the Microwave?
You can cook the raw sausages quickly in a microwave oven, and now you will learn how to cook sausage in the microwave. Cooking the raw sausage in the microwave makes the process quicker.
- When you get the sausages from the refrigerator, they might stick together so place the packet outside for some time. If you are in a hurry, you can separate the sausages using a knife and scissors.
- After separating the sausages, take the required amount that you will need for breakfast. Now by using the knife, make some tiny cuts on the surface of the raw sausages. Make sure you do this step before placing the sausage in your microwave.
- Then take the microwave-safe plate and place the raw sausages. Ensure you don’t tightly pack the sausage closer to each other, leave some gap in between. If you don’t have a microwave-safe dish, then you can use an alternative that will be safe to place in your microwave oven.
- It would be best to cover the dish with a microwave-safe lid before placing it. Small particles might spray if you leave them open while cooking the sausage. To prevent this from happening, you must use a lid. If you don’t have a microwave-safe lid, you can cover using a paper towel.
- Now you can set the microwave on high heat and start the cooking procedure. Cook one side of the sausages for about 2 mins and turn around to cook the other side for about two minutes, and you can complete the process within a few minutes.
- Now it is the serving time. When you cook the sausage in the microwave, you will see that the outer layer will contain peeling skins. You can remove the peel and serve the sausage with a sandwich or eat it with sauce. The light brown sausages will be perfectly cooked and will be yummy.
This method is a simple and quick way of cooking sausages in microwaves. By pricking, the sausages before cooking, you can prevent them from bursting. After you cook the sausage in the microwave, get the dish out and place it on the counter for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
You may sprinkle pepper or other seasonings to give some flavor to your sausages. Although you can cook the sausages in the microwave within 5 mins, the time may change according to the size, texture, wattage of the microwave, and the number of sausages you place in the dish.
So, make sure you don’t overload the dish with sausages, leave at least half-inch gap between each sausage. During the cooking process, keep an eye on the sausage without allowing them to cook too long as they get blackened.
Pros And Cons of Cooking Sausages in the Microwave
We hope now you know how to use the microwave to cook sausages. However, what are the profits and consequences of doing so? Let’s have a look.
Advantages of Cooking Sausages in the Microwave
The morning routines must be quick when you go to work or send kids to school. So, if you’re planning to cook sausages for breakfast on a busy day, the best option is to cook them in the microwave as it will only take about five minutes. Cooking in the oven may take around thirty minutes, and the frying pan will take at least ten minutes.
Cooking sausage in the microwave will only require a microwave-safe dish and a lid, so you will not need too many dishes. The cleaning process will also be easy after cooking. And since you are covering the dish with a lid before placing it in the microwave, it will prevent spraying so the microwave will not get messy. But anyways, the sausage smell will be in the microwave for some time.
Disadvantages of Cooking Sausages in the Microwave
Although you can quickly cook sausage in the microwave, you will not get the proper flavor. The lack of flavor is because the liquid and the flavor will seep out from the holes you put on the sausages. But if you don’t prick the sausage, then they might burst. So, to make your sausage taste good, you must add some flavor or pepper after cooking.
Another con of cooking sausages in the microwave is that you will not get the nice golden-brown color, and the color of the sausage cooked in the microwave will be less. And also, the skin of the sausage will peel off, so you must remove them before serving, but you will not experience this when cooking in the frying pan.
You can also reheat the cooked sausage in the microwave, which will only take a minute or two. Make sure you don’t overcook the sausages. When reheating the sausage, cut them before placing them in the microwave as it will reduce overcooking.
This article on how to cook sausage in the microwave will help you learn the method to safely cook the sausages in the microwave, as this process will help you save time. We hope this article was helpful.
Recommended for You: Similar Articles to Explore